My Mission Box
My Mission Box is a wholistic approach to your fundraising journey!
- At the first meeting the group leader issues everyone with a box.
- The missionary then sticks pictures and articles about the place they are visiting on the outside of the box. This is a way to learn more about the reason for the trip and the heritage of the place they are traveling to.
- They write their mission statement about what they hope to learn from the trip and place it on the inside cover of the box.
- Fundraising. Now they are inspired by what they will learn on the trip they are ready to start fundraising. They will be given between 5 - 10 crosses by the group leader that they will keep in the Mission Box.
- Using the Mission Box they can visit neighbors, family, and friends. The Mission box can be taken to work or placed on a counter as a display. Our recommended price structure is below:
Large Caring Cross - Cost $3.25 Sell $6.00
Small Caring Cross - Cost $1.00 Sell $2.00
Small crosses can be donated to the missionary to take with them. This is a easy way to begin a conversation about god as they hand out the beautiful crosses.
- Each week the missionary checks in with the group leader and purchases more crosses till the end of the fundraising period.
- Once the group leader collects all the money and crosses they can decide to send them back to My Caring Cross, or continue to sell them in a church store. My caring cross will refund any unused crosses the group just has to pay the return postage.
- Friends and family can write letters to the missionary. They can take the small crosses and letters with them in the mission box on the trip.
- Finally upon return they can pack all their souvenirs into the box and store it for later reflection.